Helping our Northwest communities
Neighbors helping neighbors is an age-old tradition in cattle country, and we have a deep-rooted responsibility to sustain the rural West’s ranching lifestyle by being fair and honest business partners with the thousands of ranching and farming families in the region. In Washington alone, we work with over 700 ranching families to source only the best cattle for our family of brands. As a local employer and family-owned business, we have both the privilege and responsibility to give back to the communities that have supported us along the way.
Some of the highlights:
- Joining forces with family-owned farms and ranches, we work to sustain the ranching lifestyles of local producers who embrace the standards required to raise the finest livestock
- We have helped contribute over 900,000 servings of beef to both the Idaho and Washington Beef Counts programs since their inception to help provide high quality nutritious beef products to families in need
- We match employee contributions to nonprofit organizations, up to $500 per employee annually
- Our employees volunteered over 1,300 hours to community organizations in 2015
- We reduced days away from work due to injury by 21% from 2014 to 2015
- Agri Beef is proud to be an important part of Toppenish and many other Yakima Valley communities as the Yakima County’s largest employer (900 employees), adding over $70 million to the valley economy.
Providing a Safe Workplace
We understand that, by nature, working in agriculture can be more dangerous than other occupations; therefore, on-the-job safety is a pillar of our business. Designated safety officers and annual trainings help us create and implement a strong culture of safety at all our locations.
Beyond our doors, we partner with community organizations that assist families and children, support agriculture, and fight hunger.
High-quality protein, which is a critical part of a balanced diet, is in short supply at our local foodbanks. To fill this gap, we helped found the Beef Counts Program in 2010 in conjunction with partners in the cattle business, grocery retailers, and our local foodbanks. Over the last 6 years, the program has provided over 2 million servings of beef to those who need it most in Washington and Idaho.
Despite our efforts, a huge protein need still exists. If you want to learn more about this one-of-a-kind program and how to donate, please visit:
Request a donation
Do you have a cause that supports the health, prosperity, and people of our Northwest communities? Find out how to request a donation here.