A Proactive Approach
Producing exceptional beef obliges us to take exceptional care of our animals. It’s also just the right thing to do. At Agri Beef, we carry out our proactive approach to animal well-being using techniques and programs informed by leading animal behavior experts like Dr. Temple Grandin and Bud Williams.
Washington Beef is a company that does things right; they pay attention to details. -Temple Grandin
Here are just a few of the measures we take throughout our operations:
- We continually train employees on low-stress animal handling techniques
- We follow all the Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) Animal Care and Well-Being Standards
- Cattle are checked daily for health and well-being by trained cowboys
- Cattle are given ample room to move and display natural behaviors
- Animals displaying signs of sickness or discomfort receive individualized attention
- We provide 24-hour access to an on-call veterinarian
A formal commitment is outlined and documented in Agri Beef’s "Guidelines for Animal Well-Being." This program encompasses all company locations, all phases of production, and all transport activities, to provide consistent and proactive standards for animal well-being. These standards were developed in collaboration with leading industry experts and are updated continually to reflect the most proactive policies.
Agri Beef does not tolerate the abuse or mistreatment of animals at any time, for any reason.