The Pacific Northwest is a beautiful place to live and work. As business that relies on the gifts of nature to make our products, it’s our duty to steward the land entrusted to our care. We embrace our responsibility to reduce natural resource consumption, improve our Northwest landscapes, and ensure our ranching way of life endures for future generations.
Agri Beef is continuously working to conserve land, water and energy. Here are a few of the innovative things we’re doing:
- At the Double R Ranch, our rotational grazing program promotes healthy rangelands
- We source a majority (when possible) of our cattle feed within 150 miles of each feed yard location
- Composting is used to recycle our cattle waste into nutrient rich fertilizer for area farmers
- We have reduced our water use by 40% per pound of beef processed at Washington Beef
- The bio-gas dome at our processing plant provides for 20% of our natural gas needs
- We use beef tallow to create fuel at our biodiesel plant
- We have reduced our electricity use at Washington Beef by 946,800 kilowatt-hours, equal to the consumption of over 13,000 60-watt light bulbs annually
- Company-wide, we have cut our electricity consumption by 7 million kilowatt-hours from 2012 to 2015.